Interested in Volunteering? Click the link below and it will take you to our the PMC page of signup.com, our online volunteer management system. Please sign up for at least 2 shifts and no more than 4. This will reduce training time as well as leave enough shifts open for other interested volunteers. If you need help with this or have further questiosn, please feel free to call Barb at 970-247-3205 or Dusty at 970-7992873.
Click Here to go to PMC Signup.com page
2017 Project Merry Christmas Nuts and Bolts
What is Project Merry Christmas (PMC)
What is Project Merry Christmas (PMC)
- PMC is an all volunteer non-profit organization with the mission to help children and families who are experiencing financial hardships during the holiday season. Over 507 families and approximately 1,000 children were helped in 2017.
- Customer Service – You are the public face of Project Merry Christmas. Please engage with every shopper who visits PMC.
- Ask if they need help selecting an Angel or Bell
- Answer questions about PMC – if you are unsure of the correct information, please check the Blue Book
- Wrap packages for donations that support PMC (we do not wrap the Angel Tree packages or gifts for adopted families.
- Families who are receiving social service aid are qualified to receive an application to participate in PMC
- Children 8th grade and younger are eligible for PMC help.
- Seniors 65 or older and disabled individuals in financial need are also eligible.
- Children receive clothing and toys requested on the application
- Seniors receive items requested on the application
- Families and Seniors also receive a Food Box, Food Gift Certificate, and Thrift Store Vouchers (based on family size)
- Schools, Head Start, Social Services, Family Center, San Juan Basin Health, Women’s Resource Center, Senior Center
- Applications must be submitted at the North Point Mall (1315 Main Ave) between November 6 and December 9
- Last Day to return applications is Saturday, December 9, 2017
- Hours: M – F from 10:00 – 3:00 and Saturdays: November 18, December 2, & 9 Hours: 10:00 – 3:00
- No applications may be accepted at the Wrapping Station.
- The Angels on the tree include the clothing requests for each child in a participating family. Delivery Day is Sat. Dec. 23
- All children request 3 items. If an Angel lists only 1 or 2 items, the remaining items have been filled by our PMC inventory.
- Shoppers should fill all items requested on their selected Angel (or select a different Angel). The Angels need to be returned to the wrapping booth, unwrapped, in a bag with the Angel attached no later than Sunday, December 17, 2017. If a customer wants to add extra gifts to an Angel, suggest selecting an additional Angel instead.
- Each child’s toy requests are filled by our Toy Department and there is a Toy Tree at Wal-Mart
- Bells hanging on the Tree are for disabled individuals and seniors 65 or older who have a qualifying financial need.
- Shoppers should fill all items requested on the Bell selected. Bells need to be returned to the wrapping booth, unwrapped, in a bag with the Bell attached no later than Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- Please let customers know that the Wrapping Station is one of PMC’s major fund raisers.
- Customer packages are wrapped for a donation that supports PMC (no wrapping of packages for Angel or Bells)
- If customers ask, we typically receive $2 – $3 a package, however we frequently receive larger amounts per package.
- For large orders with smaller items, ask if the customer would like to package some items together to save money.
- All money received supports Project Merry Christmas. There is no paid staff.
- Money received for the service of wrapping goes in the black box and is noted on the Talley Sheet
- Larger donations of cash or check go in the white lock box
- Donations of $50+ and larger donated items need to be written on the Donation Sheet. Include the person or group name and address. This is just for the purpose of a Thank You note. We do not put names on a mailing list. Please write legibly or if the customer writes it, please make sure you can read it.
- Tax forms for cash donations or purchased items are available in the red book. Please recommend customers attach receipts for items purchased to this form. Tax forms should not be used for wrapping donations, as this is a service.
- Each year the Durango Mall generously donates a space for the Angel Tree and Wrapping Station. Volunteers need to abide by the requests of the mall.
- The Tree must remain inside our assigned space and not be moved into the mall corridor.
- Chairs, signs and other items must remain inside our assigned space.
- Volunteers should wait for customers to come into the space before approaching them about the Angel Tree or Wrapping. Please do not go out into the mall to “drum up business”.
- No tape on windows or walls, it is very difficult to remove.